Welcome to the Classroom Blog

23 Things--Creating a Blog
Tell me your thoughts!







Friday, July 16, 2010

Thing 11--Online Productivity Applications

Google Docs.. Could it replace MS Office someday?? I don't think so. There are always going to be those people out there who fell that they have documents that they want NOBODY to see, so if they put it onto the Internet, someone can see them. They won't like that or agree with that. They will still want MS Office to keep their files personal.

I believe that based on the information from above, Microsoft will not need to be nervous, they will always have a portion of the market, it may not be as big in the future, but they will be just fine with their software.

Student access will be greatly increased with Google Docs. When I look at the school usage, they could do work in the classroom on laptops or the classroom computer, save it, then work on it in the computer lab. If they don't finish, they have the access to work on them at home, library, or or even a friends house, anywhere they can get access to the Internet.

Google docs has great potential, it is just getting to understand the abilities much better before people will be more comfortable with using it in the future.

I have tried Google Docs already and feel it is a little harder than an e-mail, but if I work on it, I can get better at using this tool.

No comments:

Post a Comment