Welcome to the Classroom Blog

23 Things--Creating a Blog
Tell me your thoughts!







Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Thing 7--Learning about RSS

RSS is an awesome feature for those whom are regular for reading the news on-line. For me, it would not be something that I regularly use, due to my lack of time to sit down and read from the computer/on-line. Is it a wonderful feature? You bet, this is fantastic for those people whom like to read about certain local or foreign news, or watching stocks or specific items. I would have to really work hard at using this in a personal way.

Using this in the classroom could be beneficial for tracking current events, watching blogs, or if doing an economic unit watching stocks. This, of course, would be beneficial if I had computers available to students anytime every day so they can research or just check in on current events. Do I think that I will be able to put this into place in my room? As much as I hate to say this, no, I don't think I will use this feature in my classroom.

RSS, a great feature, but probably not practical for me to use. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment