I had never, believe it or not, experienced podcast. Really, I did not know what it was all about, but feel a little better about them now.
After listening to and looking at some different podcasts, I am sure that I can try to help students to find more information/a different way, to learn about a specific topic. The challenge that I have, is finding the "right" podcast and where they are. After looking at Itunes, I don't see "tons" of things to use, however maybe I have just not explored it very much. Oh well, more to learn and study.
What have I seen that would be interesting, well, believing it or not, I enjoyed listening to a few of Mike Flanagan's podcasts. Even though they are a little corny at the beginning, they are great information. (http://www.michigan.gov/mde/0,1607,7-140-37818_45256---,00.html) This will be used more by me then by the students, but this information will be helpful to explain information to students when it comes to how the education of Michigan is controlled.
I also listened to mathgrad.com. However, for my class of 5th grades, this is way over their head and to much to try to figure out. Also, with something like mathgrade.com it is more important to listen even more closely because there are no visuals to help you understand the problem. (http://www.mathgrad.com/shownotes.html)
I listened to Radio WillowWeb, specifically, "Fifth graders give information about the office of the President of the United States". This was very interesting and a great opportunity to hear a students point of view and information. This was very interesting to learn even more about the presidential responsibilities, duties, and finally the interesting facts that they included in the podcats. (http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/radio-willowweb/id73800253) This site has many different podcasts that students could listen to to increase their knowledge.
No comments:
Post a Comment