Welcome to the Classroom Blog

23 Things--Creating a Blog
Tell me your thoughts!







Saturday, July 24, 2010

Thing 18--Building Your Personal Learning Network

Few thoughts on Personal Learning Network. I don't think it is for me, yet!. It looks interesting, but I am not sure I am ready for it. Two reasons, comments. One, I am not one that likes to go into a PLN and check out what is going on, what is being said, or what is happening. It just is not my personality or style of learning/interacting that I enjoy. Therefore, reason two, I am not sure that I could be enthusiastic about introducing my students to something like this. I feel that if I can't take ownership of something like this, then I can't teach it well.

After watching Elluminate Live!-Classroom 2.0, and watching how the interacting goes, again, that is just not something that I can get interested in. Social networking, if you don't mind me talking specifically about Facebook, is interesting--at least for a while. I got into FB for a while, built up hundreds of "friends", but then got burned out rather quickly. Now I go to FB about once a week, try to remember to tell people happy birthday, look at upcoming events and maybe chat with a couple friends if they are online. I never think about going into FB and looking up this person or that person, just to check on them.

So, with the PLN, I think that if I tried it, it would end up just like FB. I would maybe start into it quickly, but then give up just as fast. Sorry, this one is just not for me, AT THIS TIME!

No comments:

Post a Comment