Welcome to the Classroom Blog

23 Things--Creating a Blog
Tell me your thoughts!







Thursday, July 22, 2010

Thing 17--More Web 2.0 Winners

Well, web winners can be very interesting. (http://www.seomoz.org/web2.0#cat_108) I selected the Food section, then choose the winner, "Im Cooked", this was kind of a bad choice because I spent way to much time looking at recipes that were easy to do and very good looking. This file has each site ranked with the following criteria: (this criteria came from the site related to "Im Cooked")
Usability 5/5
Usefulness 4/5
Social Aspects 4/5
UI & Design 4/5
Content Quality 5/5

I agree with the criteria. It was very easy to use and the content that was listed was very good. (Well, it seemed good, I did not try the recipes listed, yet) The design of the site was fairly easy to follow and I feel that it was useful in creating new ideas for cooking.

This site was friendly and easy to use. However, I believe this is not a site that is going to be used in the classroom. I did look around at other sites and there are some that might be good candidates for classroom work.

Part of my science curriculum, is to teach about solar system. I found one of the Web 2.0 winners called "Galaxiki",(http://www.galaxiki.org/) a fictional galaxy that anyone can edit. It give people the opportunity to "be creative and share your imagination".

This sites allows students to:
Explore the galaxy
Name and edit stars, planets and moons
Build your own solar system
Share

This could be a great site for students to have fun and use their creativity while following the curriculum.

I am sure there are many other options, however, it will take a little more time than I have available. I guess this will just become a work project for students in the near future.

By the way, I guess that I am not that savy when it comes to locations in North America. I took the "Travel IQ" test and finally reached level 7 out of 9, but that was after the 5th try. I guess I better practice more. Maybe you should visit http://www.travelpod.com/traveler-iq/game1. Oh, by the way, good luck!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment