Welcome to the Classroom Blog

23 Things--Creating a Blog
Tell me your thoughts!







Saturday, July 10, 2010

Thing 6--Copyright in the Ditial Age

What have you been told that you may have just discovered is incorrect? I "thought" and have been told that you can not "legally" copy and use information that is copyrighted without permission, if you do, then you can go to court for it.

What things had you believed about copyright that have now been challenged? I feel that many things have been challenged when it comes to copyright. Thanks to the "Fair Use" documentation, this allows you to use copyrighted materials without permission or payment when the benefit outweighs the cost to the copyright owner. Having this ability, makes it much easier for teachers/educators to utilize more information without the "fear" of getting in trouble.

What new things do you think you will incorporate into your teaching practice now that you know the reality versus some myths? Well, to be honest, I am not sure of anything new, I currently have not felt that I what I have used in the past, will get me in trouble. It kind of falls under the thought of "a blinds eye...". Basically, what they don't see, they won't know that I used. Now, I can feel more at ease using materials to educate my students.

No comments:

Post a Comment