Wiki Wiki, everywhere a Wiki! Well, that it the possible thought about wikis. I have heard about them before, but never investigated their possibilities.
I guess one challenge that I have, is finding them. Where do you go to find a wiki to look at? Well, after using google search, I was able to find the following pieces of information I found of a couple of wiki sites.
Wikis seem to be a great way for collaboration for the students, as well many other options. From "A Wiki Guide For Teachers", they say that wikis are great in the classroom for e-portfolio's, online journals, debate projects, collaborative projects, share resources and class notes, and distribute student materials.
After looking at the kentisdcommoncore.pbworks wiki, I see that this has had a LOT of work with a LOT of people working on this. It was well organized, with many pop up windows that gave even more information than you would expect.
Could I see myself using Wikis in the classroom? You bet. Like mentioned earlier from the wiki guide, I see students working collaboratively with each other on many different topics/ideas. They can work on projects, vocabulary skills, journals and I am sure MANY other options. Using Wikis should happen in class this year for me and my class.
No comments:
Post a Comment