Welcome to the Classroom Blog

23 Things--Creating a Blog
Tell me your thoughts!







Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Thing 20--Bookmarking with del.icio.us

Now that I have looked at del.icio.us, I think this is wonderful. I love the ease and simplicity of being able to organize and keep my websites easy to find and access, as well as being able to look at other tagged sites.

My del.icio.us user name is teacher9363@yahoo.com, so feel free to see what I have tagged so far. I have put a few of them into "personal" status, so sorry you can't check them out. Anyway, I see this as a VERY helpful tool for me to put sites out there for students to look at, or utilize for a project or presentation. As for fellow teachers, this will make it so easy to share with them. I can't tell you how many times that I have received an e-mail with a great website, just to only loose it because I did not save it. Now, we as educators, can share our sites very easily with others through del.icio.us.

Productivity? Do I think this will help? You bet. This will make looking up websites so much easier, either mine, or anyone else that is tagged according to what I am looking for. For example, I just did a search for "adding fractions" and came up with 452 tagged sites, this is incredible...

I see myself using this at home as well as in the classroom, both with students and fellow teachers. Everyone needs to know about Del.icio.us, and I will do my best to spread the news withing my district.

No comments:

Post a Comment