Welcome to the Classroom Blog

23 Things--Creating a Blog
Tell me your thoughts!







Thursday, July 8, 2010

Thing 3--Lifelong Learner

I have always thought of myself as a life long learner and with technology, that is very true. With the changes that happen daily, it is impossible to stay caught up with everything.

With being a lifelong learner, I think that habit 4, have confidence in yourself as a competent, effective learner, is the hardest for me. I get frustrated when things don't come easy and tend to give up. However, I have to keep putting my nose to the grindstone and get the work done. Learn it, use it, try it, and hopefully master it. I can improve this, but not giving up, try harder, and stick with it until I understand it.

The easiest habit for me would be habit 7, Teach/Mentor others. This is easy for me because once I understand the technology, I am ready to just go out there and show people what it can do. For me technology is a way of growing and giving yourself, and others, the opportunity to try new things and have fun with the "things" that are available to you.

The 7 1/2 habits are all great habits for life long learners, I need to keep them in mind and understand that they are there to help me and to grow me in my learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment